Teeth Scaling at iFloss Dental, Plaza Arkadia

If you had noticed that your gums have been swollen or experience painful chewing even when eating soft foods, you may have excess plague build-up which can also be a sign of gum disease. When this occurs, it's important to schedule an appointment with your dentist so  the plaque can be removed using a process called scaling. I just did my teeth scaling with Dr Aaron Lai from iFloss Dental, Plaza Arkadia and will write about my experience at the clinic.

My appointment is at 4 p.m. on Monday, 15th February. When I arrived at the clinic and since it is MCO now, I need to follow the strict SOP. Luckily the clinic is just 6km from my house and I don't need the appointment letter from the clinic. Once appointment made and when near to the date, the friendly nurse will call or whatsapp you to remind you on the appointment and ask whether you need the letter to travel if your house is located more than 10km from the clinic. Better to get the letter if you're staying far from the clinic to avoid a hefty penalty of RM1,000.

Once entered the clinic, I scanned my temperature and the MySejahtera code before proceed to the counter for registration. While waiting for my name to be called. I just sit and relax at the waiting area with comfortable and classic sofa. There are 2 to 3 sanitiser at the clinic to sanitise the area. No worries of Covid-19 virus and you'll feel safe too as they limit the number of patients in the clinic and most of it by appointment only. 


iFloss Dental has a kid's friendly area to keep them occupy while waiting for their turn or waiting for their parents. There are study area with few story books or playing area with tent and playing toys. The kids will keep themselves busy with the variety of toys while we could do our treatment in a peaceful way. Ha ha ha!!!  There is a lazy chair located outside the treatment room for us to relax too.

After just 5-10 minutes of waiting, I proceed to meet up with the friendly dentist, Dr Aaron Lai and his nurse. Dr Aaron explained to me the procedures for the scaling and the cost is around RM80 to RM150. He said the procedures are not painful at all but we will feel a bit of discomfort. If we do feel pain, then we need to inform him for him to check the cause of it. Dr Aaron Lai also check my teeth and recommended the treatments that I should take to improve the health of my teeth.

Dr Aaron then scrape my teeth to get rid of the plaque that's on the surface of my teeth and it goes a little bit deeper into my gum line. According to him, all of us has at least a little bit of plaque build-up due to the tiny food particles, acids and sugars that stick to the thin layer of saliva covering our teeth. Bacteria lives in our plaque and can cause tooth decay and gum disease. Therefore, it is important to have it routinely removed by doing the teeth scaling or root planning.

Dr Aaron is gentle and professional when doing teeth scaling. He will pause a while whenever we feel a bit uncomfortable for the process. The tv in front will always switch on and we can hear the soft music to calm us during the process. The scaling process took around 20 minutes to complete and I have to wear a sunglasses to protect my eyes from the light. 

Besides scaling. iFloss Dentail also offer teeth treatment like Invisalign bracesDental implant, Teeth whitening, Wisdom tooth removalDamon braces and General teeth check up at an affordable price within the Desa ParkCity, Kepong, Segambut and Damansara area.  

Thanks to Dr Aaron Lai for the teeth scaling treatment
If you want to do your teeth scaling too, do make your appointment now at 03-64118010. iFloss Dental Clinic located at F-1-1, First Floor, Block G of Plaza Arkadia, Jalan Residen 3, Desa ParkCity, 52200 Kuala Lumpur. For more information, do visit their website at www.iflossdental.com or follow them at Instagram and Facebook at @iFlossDental for all the updated news.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breast Cancer in Men – it happens

BOUSTEAD PROPERTIES DONATES 5,000 LUNCH BOXES TO FRONTLINERS

The Kid From The Big Apple Held its Official Original Soundtrack Launch